Somehow I got so busy I forgot to get all my posts up each day! So here I am editing and publishing a few more to catch up....
I've been sharing my IDEAS on whispering the Word to children... next semester I will (Lord Willing) be teaching a children's ministry course at Emmaus. It is my dream to share and LEARN from others how to be sharing scripture with kids in ALL the avenues we can...
So I thought I would share my course description and some big questions to help organize the learning in our course... I'd love input or feedback if you have a change or see something I'm missing!
Big Questions to guide the course:
- How do we help children think Biblically?
- What part do we (kidmin people) play in raising spiritually minded kids?
- How do we help to equip kids to know, love, serve, and glorify God from childhood on?
- How do we partner with parents to share in the Deuteronomy 5:6-7 commands and help the ones most connected/relevant in their kids’ lives make meaningful biblical connections with their kids?
- What do we need to know about kids’ developmental/spiritual formation to reach them where they are at?
- How do we select the BEST resources/curriculum/materials/programs that fit our Christian worldview, theology/doctrine, the children’s needs, and that are fun, engaging, and learning oriented?