Tuesday, October 16, 2012

God's Word is Day 4

Day 16 of 31 days....

God's Word is true because.....

One of my favorite curriculums for teaching kids what God's Word is... is from the AWANA program.  I won't violate their copyright by publishing it on my blog- but will link you to their grades 3-6 curriculum info, so you can see the WONDERFUL truths it presents to our children about the Word of God. 

The TnT format is to memorize a Question and an Answer with the scripture that supports it. (Some could call it a form of a catechism.) From a teacher's point of view, it is solid teaching because it gives kids knowledge to consume and a way to THINK about that knowledge.  Which makes them not memorizing rote facts, but moving into analysis/synthesis/evaluation with the questions. I need this verse because....

TnT overview page

TnT curriculum overview books 1 and 2

TnT curriculum overview books 3 and 4

My oldest is in the midst of learning the answers to How do we know the Bible is true?  It's a delight to help him and be reminded myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment