Monday, January 22, 2018

Dream of You launching tomorrow....

I've learned I love audio books- so much fun to have someone read to me!  Sometimes I will listen to a book I've already read, other times, I listen and learn.  It makes road trips fly by, laundry folding or kitchen cleaning easier to do, and I learn so much.  Dream of You has an audio book. Not all books have one at release day. 



Launching books is fun- I'm in a community of fellow readers, sometimes I have a few months to read a book and be ready to review it, other times, I can barely finish by the launch day.  I always like it when I get to write a review, let it set, and then think about it and add MORE before release day. 

This book as I've pondered it, really fits into 2017's book them of the year from my kindred spirit authors.   I'm broken and poured out, and I need the Lord Jesus to not only forgive my sins, but to provide the Holy Spirit to help me live out my Redemption Story.  In the present, God has a plan and as I get to know Him more intimately, my life, my DREAMS, my joys will truly be found in Him. 



The key reminder that I need with my soul amnesia, is that it is GOD, who does the work, He heals, He guides, and He knows who I fully am, so He will help me be the one I am designed to be.  He sees me, and knows me, and I should focus on knowing HIM, to grow and to be redeemed in my daily living. 


I think that's a powerful motivation to invest my heart, soul, and mind into Knowing Him! He will redeem me an give me a new song!  Mrs. Saxton share how this has happened in her own life, and gives suggestions for all of us to grow in our knowledge of Him.  

I really enjoyed how the author showcased our identity, our growth, is counter the world's culture, and my identity should be tied to my relationship with God, and I can learn that by looking at the Lord Jesus.  Here are two quotes I found as good examples  




If you want an intro and to hear the author (her English accent is delightful!)  You can find her at this podcast!   It focuses on the themes of the book- your identity and purpose!  

 podcast
You can find my original review here.

2 comments: