Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Book Review: Courage Dear Heart


Here is my short review posted on amazon and books sellers: 
Powerful. Vulnerable. Authentic. This book stirred my very being with solid scripture filled reminders of how present Our Great God is in every aspect of our brokenness. Her imagery brought breathe back into my heart and soul. Self care for the weary, restless,lonely reader is delivered in her stories of finding God in all these unseen hurts and His character and presence bringing in fresh air in the struggle to breathe in those undone areas of life. Thankful to partner with Thomas Nelson to review this new book from Navpress.

I read the free preview that Tyndale has on this book, and I couldn't wait for the full book in print to arrive!  After the brokenness in our own home with a child returning to his own Mom, but not until after living with us for 4 1/3 years of his 9 year old life.  My world was pretty weary. 

I found hope, I found courage, I found comfort, truly through this book, but not really in the book, but in the God of the Universe who is the giver of all such things.  Rebecca Reynolds is a new author, but she is worth stopping and taking note of the things she shares.  This book are her own stories and essays from life experiences on finding courage in the weary world.  She brings you first to the Word of God- to see God in the unseen struggles of broken people, she uses imagery, and connects the reader to our living, active, known God quoting well known classic authors in just the best ways. 

But know that this book is up there with a Sara Hagerty book that shares scripture and reflections on seeing God in those unseen moments.  I underlined and commented so much throughout this book.  Here are some examples, as they show better than my words will express.











No comments:

Post a Comment