Saturday, February 24, 2018

Journal Review: #QAforKids with inspirational Bible Verse by Scott Bowen


This book my 9 1/2 year old son thought was very fun and cool. He sat down and flipped through the book and read a bunch of random questions.  He really liked the verses at the bottom that connected to the questions.  
 He and I sat down and he answered most of the February prompts- thinking it was great fun to be interviewed by Mom!  Sometimes the questions made him think, and he'd start with I don't know, but then ponder for a moment, and come up with an answer.  I was surprised at the number of answers he gave that related to our discussions about God, Salvation, Sin, the Holy Spirit in your life, etc.  And he caught the fun in some questions as well.  I'll share below. 
He found it funny that this had been his journal prompt at school the day before we did it! 

Here are some sample days we did, to show you the variety of questions and concepts... Look here for your own copy




He and I found it a great balance of fun, serious, future, and present questions, and I think answering them again, over time will be really interesting.  I decided to use initials so I can write down more than one child's answer in a year.  And I think he did better filling in about 15 days in one conversation, he was thinking about it more.  And having more fun.  It will be interesting to see if we do it week by week, or daily over time.  But it certainly helped me find out the thoughts in his head, and I was impressed with the whispers from the Lord he included. 





My 8 year old daughter was a bit intimidated by several of the questions and did not want to investigate the book. But she doesn't handle new things well, we will see how she does when her brother has answered the questions. She may realize this is a fun activity and there isn't a wrong answer.    
I thought the small line drawings at the bottom of each page were a nice visual connection to the theme for the day. 
 And the verses connected as well. 


From the publisher: 
Q& A for Kids is a  wonderful way to get to know your child's unfolding personality as well as an open door to discuss hard questions.  Together you and your kids will be able to visit the same question on the same day year after year and watch how your child's thoughts about life and the world change. Each question is also paired with an encouraging verse from the Bible to point your family to the what the Word of God says about the serious and the funny.

#QAforKids You can purchase the book here

No comments:

Post a Comment