Friday, June 14, 2013

Reedemed...

I'm writing the summer curriculum for our elementary age kids at the chapel.... I want them to do topical Bible studies in small groups and leave each Sunday with a new strategy for living the Christian Life.   But the 9 lessons will be taught by 7 different people.  So I decided I needed a good hook to tie all the themes together.  I choose the concept of the: redeemed of the Lord (Psalm 107:2)

We are going to build off of the following statements...



Redeemed, spiritual disciplines for a redeemed generation

 a Summer Study for elementary age children…


As those redeemed of the Lord, we have rights and privileges!

tr.v. re·deemed, re·deem·ing, re·deems

1. To recover ownership of by paying a specified sum.

2. To pay off (a promissory note, for example).

3. To turn in (coupons, for example) and receive something in exchange.

4. To fulfill (a pledge, for example).

5. To convert into cash: redeem stocks.

6. To set free; rescue or ransom.

7. To save from a state of sinfulness and its consequences.

8. To make up for: The low price of the clothes dryer redeems its lack of special features.

9. To restore the honor, worth, or reputation of: You botched the last job but can redeem yourself on this one.

 


Biblical Words (Greek), picture a slave and his master...

TO  BUY  -   AGORAZO

    TO BUY OUT  -  EXAGORAZO

     TO LOOSE  -  LUTROO 

       TO LOOSE AWAY FROM - APOLUTROO

      TO PURCHASE  FOR  ONESELF  -PERIPOIEO





Because I’m redeemed, I have the privilege to communicate 
with God through prayer. 

 Because I’m redeemed, I have the privilege to communicate 
with God through His Word. 

Because I’m redeemed, the Holy Spirit helps me live.

Because I’m redeemed, I am a part of the body of Christ 
and I’m asked to show it through baptism.

Because I’m redeemed, I should tell others 
what the Gospel message is.   
 
Because I’m redeemed, I should pray for others 
who serve God as missionaries.

 Because I’m redeemed, I should thank God 
for my salvation.

 Because I’m redeemed, I should worship God 
with other believers. 
 
 Because I’m redeemed, I should prepare
 my heart to worship God.  


What do you think?  

My idea built off of my recent purchase for our fellowship hall, the letters of the word: REDEEMED and we will hang it in time for the first lesson.  

No comments:

Post a Comment