Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Goodbook Partner Review: Pre-Order Any time, Any place, Any Prayer by Laura Wifler and Catalina Echeverri

The Goodbook company remains at the top of my list for finding high-quality, biblically sound, and relevant children's books.  As a reviewer, the company is kind enough to send me a copy of the books I choose to review at no cost.  But yet, I still have an account on their website, and still, end up purchasing their books.  Sometimes by the case, as gifts for those in my life and community.  



This review is for a book that will be published in September, and I've already pre-ordered a copy so that I had access to the special gifts for pre-ordering it, and because I know I can trust that it will be excellent.  Then I realized I was sent the pdf version of the book to start promoting it before my copy will even arrive.  

This book is part of the Tales that Tell the Truth series.  This book is designed for ages 3-6.  



Here are sample pages from the book.  



What I like about the book:

  • the illustrations are unique, almost childlike drawings,  appealing, and expressive.  
  • Sin- is not only identified "they chose not to trust and obey him, and this is called sin." 
  • Separation from God because of sin is explained simply and appropriately. 
  • Prayer is clearly defined, explained, and brought in with practical strategies, and feelings. 
  • Who God is- one who wants to communicate with people- is a clearly presented message. 
  • Biblical examples are pictured and captioned, plus the references to their events in history are listed with the image. 
  • The book teaches the concept of the hypostatic union clearly (without the official term) the book presents and repeats that Jesus is both God and man.  
  • The book presents the gospel message clearly: God created man, man sinned, that separated him from God, God made a way because He loves us so, he sent his Son, Jesus, to live a sinless perfect life as God and Man, died on the cross for to pay for our sins, and was raised from the dead, and when Jesus went to be with God, He gave us the Holy Spirit to live in us.  
  • The book has small humorous quips that will make the kids giggle.  
  • It references known people of prayer as well as biblical connections. 
  • It reinforces, teaches clearly, and emphasizes how and what to pray to God, as well as the anytime, anyplace concept.  I won't spoil too much of the book, but I love it.  
What I wonder about the book:
  • It is 32 pages, it covers so much doctrine and so many concepts beyond prayer.  Will it be too much for the littles it is intended for? or because of the humor, the simplicity, the illustrations, will it just be a read again, read again, again book for the littles, and they will grasp it all with repetition.  
Educational Connections:
  • all the biblical references who modeled prayer. 
  • the Lord's prayer. 
  • Historical prayer warriors to explore. 
  • think of all the fun you can have writing your own examples with the kids of any time, any place, any where stories and examples.  
  • Jesus is God and Man. Hypostatic Union (this would make the book go with even older students). 
  • The Gospel message.  
Thankful to partner with the goodbook company and encourage you to pre-order the book, get the bonuses, and look forward to its September arrival.  I am not an affiliate and do not make any money from the goodbook company- I just love their books and find them so helpful in my home and ministry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment