Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Book Review from one of my favorite authors: Sara Hagerty- Adore

Think about all these quotes-- this is the truth you will find SIMPLE strategies and stories of how to train your mind to see who God is as a minute by minute habit or as Sara Hagerty labels it in the middle minutes.  This is what I have learned can make all the difference between a me mindset to a God mindset.  And the scripture encourages us to have a God mindset- trusting in, reflecting in, leaning into, standing in, praying for, speaking the truth of His Word to ourselves.  This is the mindset that changes me.  This is the mindset that makes my mind, thoughts, emotions, and actions grounded in God's character and how HE views me no matter what is going on.  He sees me, He soothes me, He keeps me safe, He supports me, He loves me, and He calls me His own.  This is a message worth reading. Worth applying. Worth pondering.  This book launches into the world today.  If this is a habit that needs some growth in your heart, mind and soul. Have your library order this book- Sara Hagerty recorded the audio of the book herself, and she is a naturally gifted teacher.  I've heard the first three chapters read by her and she will inspire you to learn this habit and grow.  

It's not your traditional book the first 6 chapters teach you how to adore God in all the minutes, in the grit, in the fear, in the ugly moments of life.  Then she shares with you 30 of the most popular attributes of God with actual short examples of times in her life when meditating on them, pondering them, and putting scripture into her mouth made a difference in her moments, crises, grittiness.  

I pre-ordered this book so I would have a hard copy of it.  I've read the 30 days, but now I will be pausing and reflecting on them for the next 30 days, probably also the next 30 years!  Feel free to message me if you'd like to be held accountable and learn this habit together.  It's powerful and unlike her other books, in that their is a rawness, a reality, and a soul shift that is humbly modeled for us.  











No comments:

Post a Comment