Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Partner Review: She Prays by Debbie Lindell

She Prays: A 31-Day Journey to Confident Conversations with God

This is a great book to go through for 31 days- I plan to go through it again. I loved and appreciated the growth mindset and encouragement that I could improve my communication with God.  

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The author writes with great insight, sharing personal experiences, and giving the reader tasks to apply her strategies and suggestions to pray and converse with God. I will re-read the book as I think the ideas are wonderful and can continue to be applied at deeper and deeper levels. She's a very down to earth writer sharing practical strategies she applies, and even touches of humor.

The book has four themes that were so helpful. She prays with Understanding, with Knowledge, with Trust, with Power. I loved the optimistic and positive, growth mindset way that the author encourages the reader that speaking with God, while it feels like a daunting task, is achievable in simple ways.

A favorite quote: "Your prayer life is the doorway to a place beyond your everyday, feet on the ground life, into a whole new and colorful world."

Thankful to have an advanced copy to read from the publisher. I enjoyed it and would say it's a great book to own.


No comments:

Post a Comment