Monday, June 24, 2019

No Ocean Too Wide (McAlister Family #1 review Waterbrook & Multnomah Partner

Releasing to the world- June 25, 2019.  A great summer read!

This is my favorite book by this author (Carrie Turnasky) so far! What I really loved was the integration of faith, praying to God in the moment, with the history, the character development, and the relationships of this captivating historical fiction book. The way that Laura, Katie, and Andrew learned and strengthened their ability to depend on God is inspiring and helpful for the reader to have their thinking aloud as a model.

Based on a true story, the characters captivate you, and you hear from a few different characters perspectives throughout the novel, adding to your understanding of what's happening in their lives, and how it deepens their trust in God Now I'm waiting for book #2 to learn of other family members experiences and continue to enjoy the story and also the blessings of good character.

Learning about emigration from England to Canada of the children of poverty, the streets, or bad fortune. Carrie Turansky's newest series gives vivid description, images, and heartfelt emotion to this historical era similar to the US orphan trains. But something I knew nothing about.

This is a great read- and even my children grasp why I couldn't just stop reading at a few different points in the book when I shared why I needed to finish a few more pages- believable events but those that kept you reading. I received an advanced copy of the book from Waterbrook Multnomah thankful to partner and read books in advance.
 



I don't share a lot of fiction books on my blog because they don't often connect with the whispering the Word theme in our lives. But this book did a great job thinking aloud about faith in life and experiences, and made it a great model for my own heart.  

Mama friends- I read this book in part at the pool.  It's been a long time coming in my life to be able to read fiction, know my kids are safe, and enjoy it.  But when your youngest is nine years old and brings a friend, I don't have to watch her every move at the waterpark, and I was able to read the book.  Your turn is coming too in the years of raising littles and we spread ours out with four years between kids, you too will get to read by the pool again one day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment