Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Book Review: Imperfect Courage by Jessica Honnegger of Noonday releasing August 14, 2018

I finished the book in three sittings, in less than a week, and I must say, this book is therapy for my soul as I’m potentially reinventing my life this fall. I’m predicting NY times bestseller. The author reaches us in our head, hearts, and hands, with an amazing sister-like approach, honesty, truth, and love, that moves the reader to action. I read a lot of books from well known Christians, and this by far is my favorite book in this past year or more.



I was drawn to the title....Imperfect Courage. I was intrigued by the cover. I was motivated to read this book when I read the description about Jessica invites you in to learn self compassion. and the description of promises that she would help the reader soul search and embrace her God given identity, passions, self, and expand and create a culture of collaboration, community, sisterhood, all while being set free from whatever entraps you. And she vulnerably and authentically achieves this with compassion, real life testimonies, and her own tough love honesty.











She encourages you in a therapeutic(my word) soul searching process. I read tons of women’s Christian life and inspiration books, many which are the same instruction manuals,and are easy to read and ignore, but not so with this book. Jessica is your encourager, cheerleader, role model, and shares the testimonies of others who have joined her in this journey. 




Spoiler. 
The book ends with the encouragement of being a light as bright as the noonday, and how she named the company. While the book is light on scripture, it boldly and genuinely shares an authentic faith, her connections, and the truth she shares is very biblically driven with a Christian world view. I loved it and learned so much and feel like she has helped me process and plan out my own growth mindset to face my fears with God driven imperfect courage.


No comments:

Post a Comment