Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Worthy Publishing: Unbroken Faith Spiritual Recovery for the Special-Needs Parent by Diane Dokko Kim


If you are struggling as a parent                           ....  read this book. 

If you are grieving what could have been,             ....read this book. 
If you are wondering where God is,                        ...read this book. 

If you think your suffering will never end,             ...read this book. 
If you want to see who God is, in the bitter aspects of life,                                                                                                 ...read this book.

If you want to be challenged to evaluate your faith, thinking, and comfortable Christianity, this book will lead you through the doubts, ugly thoughts, and wilderness you face and keep you pointed to who God is. To find His hope. To recognize before He rebuilds and restores, He often demolished and improved.


Especially if you have a child that has special needs,read this book. This author shares facing an autism diagnosis. A lifelong perspective changer and simplifier of a parents dreams. Instead of a vision of how much a child will accomplish in this life on earth, it becomes a wonder of, will my child ever....as the parent of a kiddo from a hard place, this book resonates with me. It seeks out my inner core. My heart when others say, what hope do we have? Is it worth it to endure? Will progress ever be achieved and maintained? 



This devotional reminds me that it’s not my job to answer those questions.


It’s my job to trust in the all knowing, loving,redeeming God who saved a wretch like me and know that He is able to use my child. 

Our family. For His glory and His good. 
Even if it’s only to show me that when I am weak, broken, at my last straw, He is directing me. He is strong. He is all I need. He will do a work in me...

I can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t benefit from this well written book. The author shares her stories connects them to truths and people in the Bible. Gives unbreakable promises (scripture verses) at the end of every chapter, a model prayer that synthesizes our needs and reminds us of how God meets those in His nature and character. And then helps us reflect on how the truth and question of the chapter might be found in our hearts and souls.

I’ve read many devotionals for special needs parents. This one is different. Dianne Dokko Kim loves the Lord, recognizes and eloquently shares who He is, and is a blessing and cheerleader for the reader to find her own unbroken faith. We all need this type of recovery program most days.  I'm thankful to have gotten acquainted with her through the pages of her book and to have been encouraged by the book. Thank you Worthy Publishing for sending me an advanced reader copy.  I highly recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment