Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Online Bible Study Review: Wisdom Whispers with Sarah Koontz

This 31-day free online Bible study of King Solomon will help you hear Wisdom's call to salvation, obedience, and humility. Wisdom Whispers is packed with powerful biblical truths and beautiful digital gifts. All you need to complete this study is 15-minutes per day and a mobile device. | Bible Study for Women | Spiritual Growth for Christian Women | #wisdomwhispers #biblestudy



Living By Design's studies are new to me, but I'm always looking for new ways to be in the Word on my own to grow in knowledge and wisdom.

There are a lot of things I appreciate about this Bible Study.
  • it includes the scripture text with each day's reading, making it an easy to read in the carpool lane or at an appointment.  
  • Format:  Today's Reading: (a question) then the passages
    • Today's Devotional- teaching about the text, with bold statements that are often conclusions from the knowledge.  It is written from the author of the studies perspective- she writes in the first person- I .... 
    • Wisdom Whispers (something about who God is and how He helps me)
    • Verse
    • Action Point- often thought provoking, digging deep reflections- open ended
    • Discussion Question: thought provoking, digging deep reflections- that you need to answer.
  • the genuine personal testimony and encouragement of the author, as she has found that God directs, protects, provides, sustains, ... her life in many circumstances. 
I found the study to be a format that many will appreciate and find useful, for me the thinking was primarily done by the author, and she teaches so well, but if I am going to take time to apply, I need to be more engaged in the study and in the Word to learn independently.

Bonus Connection, from a website I found:
Want to include your children in thinking about King Solomon's wisdom?  Look at the Owl printables about wisdom from Ministry Ark-- so cute-- I might need them just for me!  Here's the lesson to use them with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment