Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Waterbrook Partner Review: No Journey Too Far by Carrie Turnasky

Sequel to No Ocean Too Wide by Carrie Turnasky 

I loved the first book and learning all about English home children who were moved to Canada and adopted or indentured to families willing to take them in. I remember thinking I can't wait for the next book. I enjoyed this book greatly. It starts 10 years later which wasn't quite what I had expected, but the story continued, I learned more about the home children, and it was satisfying to really learn about the struggles and strains of four specific children as they were recalled and shared from their young adult perspective. We learn more of all the McAllister's but the focus of the book is on Garth and Grace McAllister, and Emma and Rob other home children who came alongside Garth in his indentured servant life.

I like that the author was intentional and focused on Psalm 9:9-10 and integrated this concept throughout the book. Love is the crucial theme that overcomes so much and affects our very being and existence. Lack of love and acceptance can impact a person's life greatly, but the love of God can impact it beyond even person to person or family love. I appreciate this theme's development across the book, and the central focus on faith, spiritual development, and learning to appreciate God.

Thankful to partner with Waterbrook Publishing and read an advanced copy of this sequel. It is a pleasurable read.














No comments:

Post a Comment