Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Waterbrook Partner Review: From This Moment by Kim Vogel Sawyer --A contemporary novel

 

I've read this author before, but I'm not sure I've read any of her contemporary fiction books.  I've loved her historical fiction works.  But I will be picking up her contemporary fiction books soon.  I read because I love to read.  I limit my fiction reading because I often do not find that reading fiction is worthy of the time commitment invested.  But this book, it's worthy to be read.  I gave it 5 stars, a rare accolade for this regular book launcher.  



This story is told from several different characters' perspectives, Merlin and Laura Kraft, Jase, Kenzie, and Laurie.  It's not at all confusing to follow, and their lives are all intertwined.  But the value of all their perspectives is that they are each learning to trust God with different wonders going on in their hearts, souls, and minds, and the author masterfully shows their thinking on the page, as well as how the Holy Spirit can work in the life of those who believe.  To me their thinking aloud and wonder about being lonely, being enough. being loved, are so likely to be thoughts and feelings that most of us have at one time or another.  And the way that they grow and learn to listen to the voice of the Lord through the Holy Spirit is encouraging.  I will admit, it's captured on the pages in a brief, neat time period, and there isn't a long wait for any of the characters to see the hand of God intervene, but that's okay because it's a novel, and for most real readers likely to be one they read in less than two days.  

I think this is the perfect novel for 2021.  After this past year that we have endured with the pandemic across the world, I found From this Moment to be the reminder and relief that I think we are craving, and it points us to the right solution to all our worries, emotions, and struggles.  

Thankful to partner with Waterbrook Press and read an advanced copy of the book.  


No comments:

Post a Comment