Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Bethany House Partner Review: Awakening Wonder by Sally Clarkson

 


This book is inspiring, encouraging, and shares a philosophy of education that we can all find relevant, needed, and wish to emulate.  But it is not a book that will fit everyone.  It’s written by a well-educated sophisticated, reflective, and purposeful person.  Who planned and articulated with her husband how to educate their children in their own way.  

As another reviewer mentioned, it is overwhelming to her.  I’m a trained educator who trained future teachers who were earning a double major in education and Bible.  And the descriptions, preferences, and plans wouldn’t work so well in my home with my own children. Yet I’ve striven to create that love of learning, spiritually formed children, whom I invest in, die to self as I serve like Jesus, and create and cast a similar vision.  And my philosophy of goals and vision are often like hers. 

 Having read several of her other books, especially the one with Nathan her son.  Different.  I preferred that version of how she adjusted school to this more sophisticated, educated version. Thankful to partner with Bethany House.

This book is rich with scripture that explains the goals, concepts, and ideals that the Clarkson's have followed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment