Monday, May 10, 2021

Bethany House Partner Review: Don't Miss Out: Daring to believe life is better with the Holy Spirit by Jeannie Cunnion

 


Releasing May 11, 2021 

I enjoyed this book a lot.  I know about the Holy Spirit, but reviewing who the Holy Spirit is, and how he works in my life, and how I can trust him was just what I needed.  I appreciate how the author wove scripture, life, and other teachings on the Holy Spirit throughout the whole book.  

I also appreciated the way each chapter ended with a 'last but not least' section that had a question or two to reflect on, and a response.  Simple yet pulled together my thoughts and left me challenged with each chapter I read.  

The book has 30 succinct and easy-to-read chapters, that left me wanting to read on.  I found the book theologically accurate, helped me pursue a mindset the reflects who the Holy Spirit is in all his facets, and how much I miss when I don't allow him to work in my heart, mind, and soul.  I highlighted many concepts. 



I appreciated the author's self-reflection, honesty, and even sense of humor in her transparent sharing of her experience and growth. Thankful to partner with NetGalley and Bethany House publishers and read an advanced copy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment