Saturday, February 5, 2022

Waterbrook Partner Review: Crowned with Glory by Dorena Williamson Illustrated by Shellene Rodney



Releasing February 8, 2022  

 What I like about the book: 

  • I am grateful to discover a book that integrates faith into the concept of a child's identity and builds up the beauty of ethnic hair as well as the concept that a girl has so much potential. 
  • It is good to see a book that will normalize that our 'crowning glory' can be very different from another person, but it still reflects our glory.  I Corinthians 11 alive for girls. 
  • I love the fact that this is a book about celebrating a girl's full potential that incorporates learning to Worship and the Word.  It's a natural aspect not the focus of the book. 
  • This book builds up girls that have often not been portrayed in picture books.  It promotes the concept that different is not bad, it is beautiful and worth celebrating. 
  • I learned a new word: Melanated. This means highly pigmented.  
  • I love the spirit and personality that is expressed in the girl's life details. 
What I wonder:
  • there are biblical concepts implied in the story, the references at the end would be nice.  
  • will this be appreciated by those it represents? or will it be seen with a critical lens? 

Thankful to partner with Waterbrok-Multnomah and review this book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment