Saturday, September 11, 2021

Good Book Partner Review: Do Great Things for God Betty Greene by Laura Caputo-Wickham Illustrated by Heloise Mab

 

What I like about the book:


This biography is of a person whose desire was to become a pilot like her brother.  
  • Is shares her story, flying as a woman in World War 2, helping train pilots, and then becoming the first MAF (Missionary) pilot.  
  • The illustrations are well done with facial expressions that enhance the biography, engage the reader, and bring it to life.  
  • I like that this explanation of her life shares that she was brave, calm in stress, and relied on God.  
  • I liked meeting a new historical figure who lived as the exception for a woman in her lifetime. 
  • I like the integration in an authentic way of her trust in God, as well as the recognition she got to combine her favorite things flying and love of God.  
  • I liked the connection that I got after reading Corrie ten Boom, Betsey Stockton,  now Betty Greene and knowing that this is a series of stories of women for young children seeing how women have served God in unique ways.  
What I wonder about the book: 
  • The author English spelling for practice which is practise, so my only concern is that a teacher or parent notices the change and comments that it is still spelled correctly, to our American children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment